Monday, June 15, 2009

A Shout Out to Goomba

I love my mom. : ) She's truly awesome. : ) She's known as Goomba around these here parts. : ) How she came about it is another story. : )

So, the other day the kids and I were driving into town and James and I were discussing periscopes and telescopes. I don't think Ashley was tuning in. James learned that Goomba has a telescope and anounced with all the yearning of a tiny soul,

"I want to go to Grandma's and look into space!!"

That got Ashley's attention and with amazement and surprise she almost yelled back,

"Grandma has a ROCKET??!!!"

Needless to say, I don't think Grandma has a rocket, but we love her to the moon and back!!

3 comments:

Marriott Fam said...

Wouldn't that be the greatest if every "Goomba" had a rocket?! Sounds like the makings of a good Dr. Seuss book!

Joel said...

Well a telescope is almost as cool as a rocket.

Amy said...

cute story! sounds like an idea for a good children's book.