Friday, December 04, 2009

Garmisch



Ah Garmish. It's a touristy German ski town that hosted the Winter Olympics back in the day and it's simply wonderful!!



It's located at the bottom of the German Alps in Bavaria.




And it's so beautiful!







Ok so to back up a little: one morning before we went exploring the town we took a few pictures of the kids in the "back yard" off our hotel's patio.


















I love all these pictures and I especially love this one. : ) --James LOVES kung fu. : ) He busts out his moves and actually looks really authentic! --The thing is he'll bust out his moves ANYWHERE.




Ok so out in town:

The buildings have incredible ornate paintings.



I love it when our kids are each other's best buds... : )




Only in dreams and in Garmish:




I really love this picture of Ava. : ) She's such a sweetheart!!!


And so is Ashley!!! I love this picture too!!! : )




German bakeries are like heaven!! I've never seen so many varieties of bread and other delicious creations!! My favorite one:


Our boy. : ) He's a sweetheart, as well!!!



And so is Brad!!!




There are fountains in town for people, cattle and canines to drink from.


The biggest pair of lieder hosen like in the world:






--Money magents. Our kids find money everywhere. While we were in Europe they found the equivalent of $10.






Ava was such a great traveler!! I was really surprised and delighted!! : ) ...Traveling with our kids brings us together in a tangible way. I guess we rely and explore as a whole and it builds our family dynamics!!! : ) I was serious when I said I'd go back in a heart beat WITH our kids!!! They were wonderful and the whole trip was GREAT!!!!











Our rental ride in front of the most charming fruit and flower shop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cloves

aloha!!

love the pictures. so jealous that you got to go. but so happy. Ava James and Ashley are cute little kids. Brad and Sara are looking pretty good too!!
love and miss you all

Kristen