Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Roaming Reptile

Somewhere in my house there is a roaming reptile. There used to be a few rogue ants, too, but they're gone now. Last night I was closing windows and the crazy thing pounced on me! It freaked the puddin' out of me and I let out a hysterical scream! I thought I'd be a goner along with the ants. Lo and behold, it's just a gecko. One of those lizards that chirp at night and love to munch on bugs. Perhaps it's my desert upbringing that makes me comfortable with mostly ... deserty-looking lizards, 'cause these huge toed, big eyed, wiggly, milky colored friends sometimes give me the willies. : ) -- Even though they're good guys. And because the scuffle at the window was probably all a misunderstanding I tried to be thankful we had a bug munching visitor... although it's probably starving.... Bless it's heart... kind of.

Update and Note: Geckos are a household commodity here. I can't really handle 'permanent residents' but lots of families keep tabs on which gecko lives in which room and which geckos have new babies, etc. Luckily for me, I haven't seen the one that jumped on me since that night!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sara, you make me laugh! I love you! I think if I had a gecko in my house and he invaded my personal space I would have had a hard time being so understanding!
By the way, where is he now?

Emily said...

I just have to comment on how much I love the picture of Ava on your sidebar! I love to see it first thing each time I check out your blog! She is so cute!! James and Ashley are darling too - she is just the newest to ohh and ahh over! :) Love you all!!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness!! :) I think next time you catch one you should tie a ribbon on it so you can keep track of just how many residents you have are not paying their fair share of the rent!

Emily said...

Hey, I just noticed, the date is posted with your post title!!