Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Breezin' Through

There are two parts to our Island. The jungly part and the deserty part. We live on the deserty part and our house is a SAUNA! I wake up, take a shower and it takes me hours to dry off. It's muggy and rainy and there's been tons of VOG! (If you have no idea what vog is that's OK. I didn't either. It's like smog but instead of exhaust from cars it's exhaust from the volcano vents. It likes to drift over here and stifel us!) So, back to the sauna. Since our air conditioners are leaning towards going on strike, I'm about ready to go nutty nuts! But one thing that's been a relief is to just go outside and sit in the breeze. (It's kind of a no brainer, but when you're in the middle of trying to dry off you don't think of these things.) : )

Here are a few pictures of us one day chilling outside and I guess kind of inside, too.

This day happened to be another holiday here. It was Boys Day. I guess it's a big day in the Orient and James had been looking forward to it for a long time. He and his classmates made these beautiful fish kites.







P.S. At our school the mandatory uniform is custom print board shorts and silk screened T-shirts. Crazy, huh! I officially love uniforms!



Our Gracie Grace.



One crazy talent Ashley has is she can climb street and stop signs!!



Another talent of hers is her good big sister-ness. She and Ava get along famously... most of the time. : ) One of my favorite things to watch in the whole world is my kids playing and having a blast together. : )




Ava loves to be outside. She used to not venture off into the prickly grass or concrete and would stay on the beach towel or your lap, but now it's a free for all. --But she doesn't like to scrub up her knees.







Ava and Popper.






Sometimes, the vog gets to you and you start pulling goofy faces : ).

Anyway, note to self WHEN you come to visit or you're already here, and you're all super hot just go plop down outside and dry off in the breeze. : )

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ooooooooh! I LOVE your new layout and new post! :) Fun pictures! Ava is sure growing up and is such a cutie pie! I too love James' school uniform - fancy! I also love Ashley's talent - my goodness, I couldn't even dream of doing that; awesome! :) Oh, give everyone a hug and kiss from me - fun to see pictures of everyone (except you though - we need a picture of you!!) ;)

Marriott Fam said...

I remember those days where you feel like you just can never dry off. I would usually put my hair dryer to the "cool" setting and point it at my body. I would blow dry myself! It seemed to work pretty well until I stopped, then I would be sweaty again!